1) Community Scholarships
These are funds donated by local organizations. Fill out the “Brag Sheet” provided and check off the scholarships for which you wish to be considered. Even if the list indicates a scholarship is not yet confirmed, you can check it off. Examples of some of the criteria (and approximately the number of related scholarships) include:
- Involvement in school/community activities/leadership (5)
- Athletics, e.g., ball hockey, ND minor hockey, sportsmanship (4)
- Demonstrated personal growth and/or improved grade point average (3)
- Attended one of the feeder elementary schools (3)
- Planning to attend post-secondary in mechanical or trades (2)
- Wanting to pursue a degree in Health Sciences (1) or teaching (1)
- Been in the Drama program at Delview for at least 4 years (1)
- Related to a CUPE member (1)
These are funds supplied by the School District. If you are accomplished in Fine Arts, Applied Skills, Second Languages, or Physical Activity and wish to demonstrate your accomplishments to us, fill out the Dogwood Application and submit with the other documents requested. If you are chosen from the applicants, you’ll be asked to present (e.g., using trophies, certificates, a fashion or art show, dance, music, food prep, wood or metal projects, etc.).
Applications for both the Community and the Dogwood Scholarships are available in the Career Centre. When complete, they must be deposited in the red box in the Career Centre by the deadline: 3 pm, May 12th, 2011.