Successful candidates must have:
• Exceptional math skills, especially in problem solving.
• Internet access for approximately two hours per week.
• Strong command of the English language and mathematical vocabulary.
• Two times per week, respond online to student logs:
- Answer student questions
- Check solutions
- Give feedback
- Encourage students
- Invite discussion of strategies used to solve a Math problem
- Suggest and discuss alternate strategies
• Email a weekly report to supervisor.
These hours may be used as work experience. Modest remuneration will be provided.
Applications must include a cover letter describing why you want to be a mentor, a brief resume, a copy of spring 2011 report card, a letter of reference from a recent Math or Science teacher, and your email address.
Applications must be received no later than Friday, June 17th, 2011.
Donna Bletcher, Math Coordinator
4750 - 57th Street, Delta, BC V4K 3C9
Interviews will be arranged for June 27th or 28th, 2011.