Successful candidates must have:
- Exceptional math skills, especially in problem solving.
- Internet access for approximately two hours per week.
- Strong command of the English language and mathematical vocabulary.
- Respond online to student blogs twice a week by:
- Checking solutions
- Give feedback by:
- Inviting discussion of strategies used to solve a math problem
- Suggesting and discussing alternate strategies
- Email reports to the supervisor
Applications must include a cover letter describing why you want to be a MathStretch mentor, a brief resume, a copy of your most recent Report Card, a letter of reference from a recent Math or Science teacher, and your email address.
Applications may be sent in the District School Mail or mailed to:
Donna Bletcher, Math Coordinator, Delta Manor Education Centre (2nd Floor)
4750 - 57th Street, Delta, BC V4K 3C9
All applications must be received no later than Wednesday, June 18th, 2014.
Interviews will be arranged for Monday, June 23rd or Tuesday, June 24th, 2014.