Applicants for Youth at the Booth must be:
• Enrolled in secondary school classes and in good standing with their school
• Between 15 and 19 years of age
• Legally entitled to work in Canada and have a valid Social Insurance Number
• Interested in community service
• Available all day on General Voting Day, May 9, 2017
• Available to attend a three hour training session prior to General Voting Day
• Approved to miss school to work as an election official (training may take place outside school hours)
• Able to perform their duties in a neutral and impartial manner
Participants may also be invited to work additional shifts during advance voting, where such opportunities exist. Students must supply their own transportation to and from voting places. Local District Electoral Officers in each provincial electoral district will begin their hiring process in spring 2017.
If you are interested in applying, please notify Ms.Jeffery in the Career Centre and she will add you to the list for hiring opportunities. Stop into the Career Centre, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or message on the remind app.