About the Positions:
Junior Camp Counsellor
Camp Counsellor Job Posting - Burns Bog.pdf
- **Fluency in french is required.**
- Must be 16 years or older.
- Must be a student with the intent of returning to school full-time in the fall.
- We especially encourage young men to apply for this position!
Summer Day Camp Volunteers
Information Poster: http://bit.ly/2r34B9L
- Volunteers receive extensive training and are supervised and supported by the Education Coordinator and Senior Camp Counsellors.
- Volunteer placements are time-flexible and while longer commitments are preferred, there are opportunities on a more limited basis.
- Fluency in French is NOT required.
About Our Camps:
Burns Bog Summer Day Camps are run entirely outdoors with both English and French weeks. We aim to get kids outside and active - connecting with nature and their community. We create activities, games, and crafts that teach our campers about leadership, wilderness survival, stewardship and sustainability through our natural setting - the unique ecosystem of Burns Bog! For more information on our Summer Day Camps, please visit our website at http://burnsbogeducation.weebly.com/summer-day-camp.html
The Burns Bog Conservation Society was founded in 1988 to save Burns Bog from development and protect and sustain it for future generations. The society is a non-profit which works to ensure the Bog is conserved and currently does this through education and advocacy. The Society develops educational programs for schools in British Columbia, operates summer day camps, tours and field trips in Burns Bog, and raises awareness of this local treasure. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.burnsbog.org/
Interested in Applying?
For the Junior Camp Counsellor Position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
For Volunteer positions, please submit a completed volunteer application form (attached) to firstname.lastname@example.org